While there are many décor trends and fashions that we might follow, many Australian homeowners prefer to create a unique setting in their living space, with features designed to add character to the property. There are many ways that you can do this and with that in mind, here are a few stylish chic features that you can create that will add style and character to the property.
- Water Wall – There’s something very soothing about running water and a state-of-the-art water wall could be fitted in the lounge or on the terrace and with coloured LED lighting, you have a very attractive feature that can be turned on and off. While there are not that many companies that offer such products, a Google search will reveal the whereabouts of a local supplier who would be happy to quote for the project.
- Custom-Built Aquarium – It is so tranquil to have a nice fish aquarium in your home and there are custom aquarium builders in Sydney that design, install and repair custom aquariums. You could have the unit fitted into a wall, or have it placed on a supporting frame and there are many designs to choose from. Again, you can enhance the look with custom LED lighting and, of course, a selection of tropical fish that you can observe when relaxing at home.
- Stained Glass – This traditional style of glazing is not limited to churches and cathedrals; indeed, many Australian homeowners have a stained-glass feature fitted in the home, which adds colour and character. It could be a glass partition between the dining room and the lounge, or as part of the exterior and a Google search will help you to locate a specialist glazier who works with stained glass. Click here for budget friendly home makeover ideas.
- Retractable Roof – The perfect permanent shading solution for your terrace. These are custom made to perfectly fit the space and with rain, wind and sun sensors, you can control your shading via a smartphone app. While this will be a significant investment, a motorised retractable roof is considered a permanent feature and would certainly boost the value of the property.
- Built-In Wardrobes – Enlisting the help of a local joiner will result in bespoke wardrobes that are fitted into the room. The joiner would measure up and with your choice of timber, he can design the units and that will give you a lot more space in the master bedroom. Other timber furniture can be made by a carpenter and joiner; how about a new staircase? Or perhaps some bespoke kitchen cabinets?
The above are just a few ideas to create unique features in the home and with a little creativity and thinking outside the box, there are many ways that you can add to your home. We spend most of our time at home, therefore, we should do what we can to make our living space comfortable and visually attractive. Here is some government information about home renovations to help you find a master builder.