Recently, coronavirus has infected lakhs of people all around the world. Out of them, thousands of people have already died and many more are in critical care. Because of the outbreak of the virus, almost all the nations have declared lockdown. And that has left people locked in their homes. Though it is for their own safety, being in the home for so long can be quite frustrating for them. In such a difficult time, what can be better than a perfect lamb chop dish recipe by the very famous chef, Gordon Ramsay?
Many famous celebrities are trying to work from home and deliver some good content to the audience through the medium of YouTube. Because they too are locked in their homes and they want to help the people by entertaining them. Gordon Ramsay is no different. As he recently went live to tell people a simple yet perfect lamb chop dish recipe. But there can be thousands of recipes available on the internet, then why is this one important? Well, because of two points:
- It is given by the famous British chef, Gordon Ramsay. He has always been known for the amazing dishes he prepares and the way he criticizes other chefs for not doing so.
- As everyone is locked with limited supplies in the homes, it is not possible to cook fancy dishes every now and then. This dish uses basic ingredients, so people do not have to worry about bringing new ingredients for the lamb chop dish.
The Live Video By Gordan Ramsay
The video is a new one in the series of ‘Ramsay in 10.’ In this series, Ramsay shows a new recipe that can be cooked in just 10 minutes. The video starts with Ramsay putting up all the pans to get warm, as he will just have 10 minutes to cook the lamb chop dish. Then he goes back to his family room to tell the audience that it is his youngest son, Oscar’s first birthday. He then brings up a beautiful cake for him and after blowing the candle, he moves back to the kitchen.
Then Ramsay informs that this video is not shot with the proper production team. He introduces the production team to the viewers, i.e., his three daughters, Megan, Holly and Matilda. He again moves back to Oscar, who is busy playing with his own little kitchen. Ramsay manages to show his dogs and wife on the camera too. After that, he returns to the kitchen and set the timer for 10 minutes. Because when he says 10 minutes dish, he means it. Then he starts cooking. And here is the recipe of lamb chop dish.
The recipe of the 10 minutes lamb chop dish is not too fancy. It consists of just a few basic ingredients and those are:
- Lamb Chops
- Sunflower Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Seasonings – Salt and Pepper
- Red Onion
- Frozen Peas
- Boiled Potatoes (Small in size)
- Chipotle Paste
- Spring onions
- Cider Vinegar
- The first thing to be done is to marinate the lamb chops. Ramsay uses sunflower oil and seasoning to do so. And the pans were already put on the stove to warm. Also, do not forget to put water to boil.
- Then cut the boiled potatoes in half.
- Add salt and pepper to the boiling water and put the lid back on.
- Pour a little oil on the pan and put the marinated lamb chops on it. Remember to rub in the seasoning on lamb chops and to push them a little on the pans, so that they can be properly cooked.
- Crush the garlic and chop the mushrooms. Put both of them alongside the lamb chops in the pan.
- Pour a little bit of olive oil in another heated pan. Add the chopped potatoes in it along with the chopped red onions. And then add crushed garlic to it.
- Put the frozen peas in the boiling water and put the lid back on.
- Flip the lamb chops but remember not to turn them over too early. Add some oil and seasoning on it. Then put some butter on the top.
- In a bowl, mix some cider vinegar with olive oil and a hint of mustard. Then add some chipotle paste to it and mix the ingredients well. After proper mixing, add a little seasoning to it.
- Add butter to the potatoes and turn the heat off.
- Take the lamb chops off the stove and add the prepared olive-cider mixture to it. Leave it to marinate.
- Drain the water from the peas and leave them in the pan with the heat still on. Add butter, seasoning and half a tablespoon of creme fraiche to it. Take it off the stove and crush the peas. Add lemon zest in the crushed green peas.
- Now plate them by first putting in the lamb chops and the mushrooms in. Remember to not use the garlic. Then toss some chopped spring onion in the potatoes and put them in the plates. And then add crushed green peas to the plate. Don’t forget to pour some olive-cider mixture on the top of the lamb chops.
And the perfect Lamb Chop Dish is ready to eat.
The video was not just about the recipe, it also showed how well bonded the Ramsay family is. Gordon’s daughters, who are handling the production, keep telling him that their mom can do the work better than him, throughout the video. At the end of the video, they ask him where the lamb sauce is. As, according to them, lamb cannot be served without lamb sauce. To which Gordon replies that how can someone cook lamb sauce in ten minutes. His daughters inform him that their mother can do that. And with that, his daughters make him leave the kitchen.
But for the people, Gordon definitely gave a delicious lamb chop dish recipe. That they can easily try in their quarantine time and enjoy with their families.