Instagram is second to none when it comes to social media platforms which do more than what meets the eyes. Where it adds amusing entertainment to people’s lives, it also significantly amps up the marking of special events or moments for both individuals and businesses. If you also are in search of increasing your reach, be it for the sake of the business or potential followers, one thing that you must learn is how to add highlights on Instagram.
Many celebrities often share ‘behind the scenes’ in their highlights, some travel vloggers use this splendid feature of Instagram to share about their trips, and several organizations put it to use in marking events or launch of a new product line in particular for more than 24 hours. Yes, much contrastingly to instagram stories, instagram highlights allow the users to keep the moments alive beyond a day. In fact, instagram highlights stay on your profile forever until you opt-out of them or delete them. Could this be any better? So ready to add highlights on your instagram profile and pin your special story? Then give this article a read…..
How To Add Highlights On Instagram From Current Or Active Stories
If you’re reading this article, certainly you visited an instagram profile and found a highlights section full of small emblems that mark different events or several kinds of categories exactly where the bio ends and wish you could do the same. Then be assured that you’re in the right place as this article guides you on how to add highlights on Instagram.
Here’s the procedure,
1. Log in to your instagram account. Once your profile opens up, jump to the next step.
2. At the bottom towards the right, you’ll see the “profile icon” . Tap or click on it.
3. Then, click on the “plus sign” icon on the top. In case it is not there, click on “Story Highlights”.
4. Now simply pick out the stories you wish to add to your instagram highlights.
5. Once done with selecting the stories, click on “Next.”
6. After this, pick an image or video for the cover photo of the highlight, or it won’t be wrong to say the face of your highlight ad that is what people will catch a glance of foremostly when they visit your highlight section. In addition to this, you also need to label the highlight by assigning it a name.
The cover photo is essential as it marks the first impression for anyone who visits your instagram profile. That’s why it needs to be eye-catching. We’ll talk about that further in this article but first, let’s finish up with the process of how to add highlights on Instagram.
7. Then click on “Done” (the option would be “Add” for iOS users).
And finally, you’ve done it!
Now those who’re added to your profile will be able to see your highlights even if your stories have timed out.
How To Add Highlights On Instagram From Story Archives
It was no less than a cheering moment for Instagram users when the platform rolled out the Story Archive option, which made it so easy for users to refresh their thoughts with cherished moments from the past.
We all know that every story that we put up on our instagram account stays there for a time span of 24 hours. After that, it automatically gets saved in the Story Archives section, not to mention no one else will be able to see this section but just you.
If you’re a bit late on learning how to add highlights on Instagram and you feel like sharing something from the past stories, it is possible. Yes, you just need to follow the below stated steps:
- On your instagram profile page, click and/or tap on the three lines icon (which is actually the ‘menu icon’). You’ll find it on the top, towards the right corner.
- Go to “Archive.”
- After this, decide upon the stories that you are willing to add to the highlights.
- Add a cover photo for the highlight and name it.
- Click on “Done” (for Android users) or “Add” (for iOS users).
How To Add Highlights On Instagram Without Adding Them To Stories
Sometimes you might just feel like skipping uploading regular stories and want to add something straightway to the highlight. Luckily, that’s not implausible. Wondering how? Scroll down a little to know about that…..
- Make your account private by altering the “Account Privacy” in General Settings.
- Go to “Story Controls” under Settings and restrict all your followers from viewing your story.
- Add and/or upload the same story that you’re willing to add as your highlight.
- Upload the same story on instagram highlights. (Refer to Step: 5 to Step: 7 listed in the How To Add Highlights On Instagram From Active Stories section)
- Wait for about 86400 seconds…..I mean 24 hours. And then, you can set everything back to normal. You can make the account public again and allow the users to view your story by altering the story controls.
How To Add More Stories On A Current Or Active Highlight On Instagram
At times, your sight might skip an image or video while adding a highlight, and you later wish to incorporate it into the already uploaded or published highlight. No need to fret over it as it’s not at all a biting a bullet kind of task:
- Go to your instagram profile.
- Now long press on the highlight that you wish to edit for more stories.
- Click or tap on “Edit Highlight”.
- Select the stories that you feel like adding in the highlight.
- Lastly, click or tap on “Done”.
How To Add Cover Photo Of An Instagram Highlight Without Uploading It As A Separate Story
Cover photos of instagram highlights are a hot topic today. This is so because it’s not just the first and foremost thing that catches the sight after your profile picture and the bio but also because it impacts if the person on the other end will click on it or not. After all, increasing reach matters in today’s digital era, especially for business organizations.
Of course, one can pick any image that you’re going to add on the highlight as a cover photo. Nonetheless, there’s also an alternative of uploading a different image directly from your image gallery or camera roll without adding it first on the story and then kicking heels for the next 24 hours. Believe it or not, it is as easy as pie if you follow these simple steps:
- Go to your instagram profile.
- Hold for a little longer on the particular highlight that you wish to edit for the cover photo.
- Click or tap on “Edit Highlight”.
- Then click or tap on the “Edit Cover” option.
- Select the image from your image gallery or camera roll that you want to set as the cover photo for the highlight.
- At last, click on “Done.”
How To Remove Stories From Instagram Highlight
Honestly, deleting or removing any story from a highlight is just a matter of a few clicks:
- Simply click on the particular highlight.
- Now go to the story you wish to remove or delete, click on the three dots icon (…), and select the “Remove From Highlight” option.
- And it’s done!
Instagram highlights are not just a mere compilation of instagram stories. They are anecdotes that take any new guest on a brief tour of a particular instagram profile, gliding and inkling them smoothly through what object it serves. This is without any doubt a more precise way for businesses and/or brands to promote themselves. So now that you have learnt how to add highlights on Instagram, put it to use judiciously.