Every face tells a unique story. But for some uninvited wrinkles and lines make it into one they are hesitant to share with the world.
Today there are several options to help people share the stories they want to tell. Deciding to restore a youthful appearance helps many regain their confidence.
Australia is a hub for cosmetic surgeries/ procedures. The plastic surgeons here are some of the best in the world. Facelifts and botox in Brisbane are popular as they exert a significant influence on appearance. So what are the differences between them and which has the best results? Read on to find out.
FACELIFT: WHAT IS IT?
It is a surgical procedure that includes the removal of excess skin, lifting facial muscles/ tissue. It addresses issues like sagging skin, crow’s feet, and wrinkles on other parts of the face.
- It gives remarkable and more visible results compared to injectable treatments.
- It is a surgical procedure, and therefore the results last longer, sometimes for close to 10 years.
- It can treat issues that injections may not address.
BOTOX: WHAT IS IT?
It is an injectable treatment that helps relax the facial muscles. It smooths wrinkles and lines and restores a youthful appearance. It is commonly done on the forehead, near the eyes, and around the mouth.
- It is minimally invasive as it is an injection.
- It hardly takes 15-20 minutes for the procedure.
- There is no or less recovery time for botox treatments. One can resume their daily activities soon after the procedure.
- It is more cost-effective compared to invasive treatments.
- Effects generally last for three months or longer.
Some other popular facial procedures include
- Dermal Fillers
It involves injecting fillers into areas of the skin. They help plump up lips, nose, or cheeks. They soften creases, minimise wrinkles and deep folds. This procedure usually exhibits immediate results.
It uses government-approved materials that have minimal/ no side effects. Some procedures even make use of the patient’s body fat.
- Nose jobs that are non-invasive also use dermal fillers to straighten or elevate the nose. It looks natural and is cost-effective as well.
- There are under-eye trough treatments that help fix the deep hollows under the eyes. It also gets rid of the fat pad swell.
- Lip fillers help give fuller lips while maintaining the natural anatomy. Make sure to not go overboard with it, as these are some of the commonly botched procedures. Remember to keep in tune with the natural contours of the lips for best results. Accentuating the shape should be the idea rather than redefining it entirely.
- Jawline contouring
- Chemical peels
Things to keep in mind before the procedure:
Since some of these treatments are invasive, it is vital to go to an experienced plastic surgeon. Remember to consult with the doctor and check about all possible side effects before the procedure. If done by able hands, they give excellent results that leave the patients happy and content.
Because each face is distinct and everyone wants different things, it is vital to discuss the goals and what one wants to achieve with the doctor.
Do enough research and find highly qualified plastic surgeons for botox in Brisbane, Sydney, or Melbourne. While there may be plenty of surgeons, look for those who are board-certified. And specialise in facial procedures.
Go for customised procedures that take time to notice the preferences and do the treatment carefully. Some clinics even offer free reviews and follow-up treatments. Read the reviews of customers before going into the clinic.