Drugs have always been considered bad for health as they end up getting the consumer addict and lose all their control over various things. That is the reason behind their ban in most of the nations. But cannabis, or as commonly known by the name of weed, is not much similar to these drugs. There has always been a debate on whether weed should be considered unhealthy and addictive or not.
The consumers argue that it is not a kind of addictive drug, but it just helps them in relaxing. While the anti-drug activists argue against it, stating that it is certainly addictive and can easily overtake a person’s mind just like alcohol and other illegal drugs. The world could not find the right argument from these two, as weed is both healthy and unhealthy for people. And this fact led the researchers to explore more about it. That is why the concept of a Weed Research Lab came into existence in the last few years.
Benefits Of Weed
There are certain health benefits that regular use of weed can provide. Some of them are:
- Stops Cancer Cells: Various studies have shown that weed helps in reducing the growth of cancer cells in parts like the brain, lungs, and breasts. And in some cases, it can even kill the cells and cure the cancer patient.
- Better Than Other Drugs: Weed is considered to be better than other drugs like cocaine and heroin. And because of this reason, drug addicts can use it to cure their addiction. Studies have shown that weed is even better and less deadly than alcohol. Which makes it a good alternative to all of them. (www.caprinow.edu)
- More Than One Ways Of Consumption: While most of the drugs and alcohol have just one way of consuming it, weed stands better than them. As it can be both eaten and smoked. Studies show that eating weed leads to lesser side effects than smoking it. As its smoke is almost equally harmful as a cigarette’s smoke.
- Reduces The Risk Of Obesity: Though this one is not backed up with any medical proofs, some studies have reported that regular weed smokers are less prone to obesity than those who do not smoke weed.
There are many other medical benefits too that weed consumption can provide. Because of these benefits, some nations have legalized weed. In these nations, retailers are legally allowed to sell weed to adults. This has led to the emergence of weed research labs. Here are all the details about it.
Weed Research Lab
A weed research lab tests the weed to check various aspects of it. And make sure that the product is not harmful for consumption. Some of the testings that the weed undergoes are:
- Free from toxins: Weed plant is exposed to various elements while growing and it ends up absorbing most of them. These elements can range from soil nutrients to pesticides. They even absorb heavy metals that are present in the soil. So a weed research lab has to ensure that the final product, which has to be delivered to customers, has no harmful element left in it. Because these elements can be proven extremely harmful for them and researchers cannot take that chance.
- Quality check: Just like packaged food, people need high-quality weed so that they can get the best benefit from it. So every weed that passes through a weed research lab has to undergo a quality check process. The process reveals all the quality factors of it and the lab is able to provide people with the best quality weed.
- Regulations check: Each weed-legalized nation has its own weed regulations. By getting their weed checked through a weed research lab, the weed growers get their weed testified for all the weed rules and regulations. They do this to avoid any future troubles regarding their weed.
- Medical benefits: Weed is still being explored for the various health benefits that it can provide. So, the weed research labs conduct various studies with weed to see how it can be used for different medical purposes. These studies will help in opening the medical sector’s doors for weed in the coming future.
With these tests, the weed research labs declare the tested weed fit for sale and consumption. All the weed have to go through these tests in order to be sold without any hassle.
The Weed Growing Process
Some weed research labs, like the one on Colorado, also looks after the weed growing process. They grow tons of weed in order to perform proper research on it. Like they see how the weed plant reacts to certain products and different environments. They also grow various kinds of weed and research them in and out. These processes lead to the death of several weed plants. While the successfully grown weeds are further studied.
These studies let the researchers know about the genes that are present in these plants, which can be used for successfully growing other plants like corn. With these study results, the researchers would be able to bring a revolution in the food industry very soon.
The world is still in confusion if weed should be consumed or not. While there are several health benefits that can be obtained by weed consumption, there are also some health risks such as troubles with memory and hallucinations This is because of the various chemicals that are present in weed like the Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). When people smoke weed, these chemicals enter into their bodies with the smoke and harms it.
This is one of the reasons for the popularity of weed research labs. They check the weed for any such chemicals and make sure these are available in limited and predefined ratios. So that they do not harm the smoker too much. Also, buyers should make sure that weed is legalized in the area that they are buying in. Because nations that have not yet legalized weed punishes the seller and buyer of the product. And as illegal weed does not undergo any quality checks, so the chances of getting bad-quality weed are higher.