A staffing agency, also known as the employment agency, helps fulfill any company’s hiring requirements according to the skill sets they require. Candidates joining the company through a staffing agency are not employees but temporary workers.
When should you opt for a staffing agency?
In some instances, business owners find it difficult to outsource their workforce needs to staffing companies. However, once you work with them, you will find it helpful to collaborate with placement agencies, especially a temp agency, for any temp jobs. These agencies are convenient in numerous situations. A few of which are listed below:
- Immediate requirement for a large number of skilled workers on a short-term project.
- Next, your business might be a seasonal one; hence, you do not need people around the year.
- You need a highly qualified worker with a specialized skillset at a low budget.
- Moreover, you may also face a situation where you do not have the resources or the time at your disposal to recruit a team.
What are the responsibilities of a staffing agency?
A staffing agency provides candidates to companies to get their job done and holds specific crucial responsibilities. It helps to deliver end-to-end staffing solutions to a business, which includes:
- Understanding the workload needs of the company reaching out to the staffing agency
- Next, determining the workforce required to provide solutions successfully
- Also, conducts interviews and shortlisting candidates best suited for the job.
- Vetting potential candidates through a deep background check along with employment history
- Furthermore, a staffing agency also works upon drawing contracts and looking at legal issues
- Imparts training in case of gaps
- Follow-ups on the performance of the candidates offered to the big companies to see if the requirements are fulfilled.
- Lastly, if a candidate fails to get the job done, it is the responsibility of the staffing agency to terminate the hire and compensate, as needed, for the situation.
What kind of roles do temp agencies offer?
Along with offering temp jobs, the temp agencies also provide different types of permanent jobs too, depending on the requirements of the business. When the large companies reach out to the job seekers with their requirements, the staffing companies categorize them into the below roles:
Contract employment/Short-term hire: Under this category, they list the companies with requirements immediately. The project is short-lived and needs specialized services. The seasonal requirements and temp jobs fall under this category.
Long-term staffing: It takes a proactive look at the company’s needs and growth plan. For example, if a company plans to set up a new branch or some employees are retiring or taking maternity leave.
Temp-to-hire: In this model, the company takes the candidates temporarily to have a trial. Suppose they meet the performance criteria and perform well; the worker shifts from the staffing agency’s payroll to the company with a permanent job.
Benefits of a staffing agency
There are various advantages for a business if collaborating with a staffing agency. A few of which are as below:
- Staffing agencies have specialists for identifying the right talent. They work with proven strategies, have metrics for effectiveness, and technological tools for facilitating the hiring.
- Staffing agencies also maintain a talent pool. They actively work on building a network of skilled professionals with experience. They reach out to online communities, passive candidates and host their own events to develop their talent pool.
- Moreover, a temp agency can hire candidates faster and more accurately. They find suitable candidates by referring to sourcing tools, professional portfolio sites, and related platforms to fulfill your requirements in a short time.
- There are numerous hiring models available, and your staffing agencies will devise a solution that works specifically for your company.
- Staffing agencies let you focus solely on your growth.