For being software that slows down the machine, the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application has a history of being picked up by many 3rd party Antivirus suites. All of the security suites Avast, McAfee, and Node32 are verified to show that the digital TV tuner system is slowing down the machine. This problem has not only been found for a certain version of Windows, as stated on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. You can understand that some people are searching for ways to deal with the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application because certain safety suites say that it slows down the device by 70% or more.
What is the ‘Registration application for the Digital TV Tuner Device?’
In general, the application for registration of the digital TV tuner system is a programmed activity for Windows Media Center. You can stream premium digital television channels directly from your cable provider.
ehPrivJob.exe is the key method of registering the digital TV tuner unit. This method is used to “scout” the optical cable tuner connected to a device. The “eh” abbreviation is given from eHome and is part of the Windows Media Center digital TV tuner program.
Is the Registration Application for Digital TV Tuners safe?
You have no reason, from the security point of view, to delete the Registration Application or the mechanism behind Digital TV Tuner System (ehPrivJob.exe).
The elimination of the Digital TV Tuner Registration Application from a performance perspective makes sense in some cases. Although the ehPrivJob.exe won’t consume as much as 70% of your device resources (when Avast is trying to upsell some service, some other antivirus and others are quite confusing), it definitely has the potential to slow down your machine when you actively use the television setting feature.
Please note that ehprivJob.exe is mainly considered to affect boot times-it does not affect device output after the startup.
Should I get to delete the application for Digital TV Tuner Registration?
Usually, ehPrivJob.exe won’t use ample (dormant) machine resources to find ways to delete them. There are, however, certain cases where the ehPrivJob executable is broken down and running at full speed even though the machine performs no TV tuning tasks.
In cases where eHPrivJob.exe becomes detrimental for your machine, large files on the SSD / HHD can be generated and processed. Invalid registry entries that could impact the overall output of your machine are also known to be made.
What you do with your machine depends on whether or not you can uninstall the Wireless TV Tuner Device Registration Program.
The removal of the Digital Television Tuner Register Application, as it will essentially disable this functionality, is not a good idea if you use it for TV tuning purposes (you watch TV channels on your PC by TV tuning).
How to repair the application for registration of the wireless TV tuner?
There are various ways to correct errors in this application. And we’ll take time to clarify the various forms below clearly. If any system fails you, try another system, as all of them are independent with different procedures.
Method 1 – Switch Off Digital TV Tuner System Registration Program, using the Power Off functionality of Windows.
This might be the first technique that you would want to try. Follow the steps below to turn off the Windows features:
- Go to your computer’s control panel.
- Open the control panel and click on the option for programs.
- When you open the program option, you can click on the ‘Switch Windows features on or off’ option just below the program and features button.
- Find and uncheck the Windows Media Center Option
- Click Ok
- Finally, make sure that the new settings are successful when you reboot your device.
Method 2-Use the resource management system to complete the process
This includes the use of the resource administrator to complete the process of the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application, which creates the problem ehprivjob.exe. That means you must uninstall the program from the windows media center. The following are the steps:
- Open Windows Task Manager by either pressing together the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys or just pick the “Open Task Manager” option on the taskbar.
- Click on the tab ‘Performance’ and select ‘Resource Monitor’
- Navigate to the Process tab, the ehprivjob.exe process is located under it and you end it right away. Only pick the process (ehprivjob.exe) and click on the ‘End Process’ option to finish it.
- Click the OK button, and exit the Task Manager for Windows.
- Finally, make sure that you immediately restart your machine, so that the adjustments made will take effect.
Method 3- Disable scheduled tasks
There is a task in your computer, the name is Ehdrminit and that task may be a significant cause of an application error, which will help to fix the problem by removing this scheduled task. To do this, follow these basic steps below:
- To select the Task Scheduler option, press the Windows key or the Start button.
- Click Library, and then open the Microsoft folder when the Task Scheduler choice window opens.
- Check the folder, right click on it and disable it, where ehdrminit is located.
- Restart the machine but first, make sure all files are locked.
The above methods are sufficient to correct the application error for the digital TV tuner unit. But if none of these items worked for you for some reason, we will drop the fourth method below as a bonus.
Method 4 –Remove TV tuner
The absence of a TV Tuner on your computer system does not mean that you have to register a wireless TV Tuner software program. In order to fully uninstall the TV tuner from your computer, follow the steps below.
- Open your control panel for your computer
- Scroll to the choice Software and Settings, and press
- Open the program you have installed and then choose the option Digital TV Tuner
- Uninstall the program and obey the instructions
- Restart the computer system when you are done with the process.
An application error on your computer system can fix this problem.
If you figure out that the Wireless TV Tuner Registration Program error legitimately slows down your device. Then there are multiple paths to take and solve this problem which we have mentioned earlier. You must be mindful of the implications of deleting this software until you uninstall this software fully from your device and you would not be able to use your PC or laptop as a television.
The role of this little hardware program is to allow a cable signal to be received and pictures displayed on your PC. Often, however, it is annoying to use Digital Tuner Device when interrupting the PC performance.
One of the strangest and irritating errors in the Wireless TV Tuner Registration Application. Either you watch a video, play a game or something else can occur at any time. Often it is important to eliminate this error because the system slows down. The above-mentioned methods will hopefully help you to correct the error.