Still confused about how to turn off Noise cancellation on Airpods? As an Apple phone user, you might be facing this issue while listening to songs on Airpods. We are here to guide you with easy steps, all you need to do is follow what we instruct you to do. We will also discuss how the world responded to this apple device. Let’s dive in.
How did the world respond to Airpods?
During the launch of iPhone 7 and Apple Watch Series 2, ‘Airpods’ release was announced in September 2016. It didn’t get much attention when introduced to the public as the first wireless headphones with bluetooth system. $159 USD was too high as a price to pay for Airpods which can get lost in no time without leaving any trace. There was a hesitation to invest money in something which a person can lose in a crowd. Apple decided to cut off jack wires from iPhones to launch Airpods. Now all iPhone packages won’t include wired headphones. And they introduced a separate wired headset adapter to connect headphones with iPhones.
This was a marketing tactic as it would cost around $159 USD which is the same price as Airpods. Apple took the risk and depleted its value that year but later it showed all benefits of using Airpods to drive the attention of users. Airpods and its charging box were designed in a way that it can be easily carried, there is no worry of getting tangled earphones in wire and then wasting your time and efforts in detangling it. Another good thing is how you can move freely and even put your phone on the table while doing any physical work. With wired earphones, you cannot move freely as it has limited wire length and you have to move in that range only. If you move further and stretch your wire, it might break or won’t function anymore.
Now users raised the criticism that they can do the same with Speakers but Apple responded with “What about the privacy of others?” It was a valid question, you cannot volume up your speakers in public places and disturb others just to move freely.
And this is where Airpods came to help those users. Now with so many versions every year, it is getting success and everything is going according to the plan made by Apple. Apple proved how it’s a reasonable price to pay for Airpods as they were more convenient and high technology was used in making it effective.
Airpods have been released in Three Generations till now : First Generation Airpods were launched on December 13, 2016, Second Generation Airpods were launched on March 20, 2019 and Third Generation Airpods were launched on October 26, 2021
Methods on how to turn off Noise cancellation on Airpods
Now that Airpods are taking over the world, people are still worrying about how to turn on or off the Airpods or its features. Siri, iPhone settings, lockscreen and many more methods can be used by the iPhone users.
Noise cancellation feature in Airpods allows you to turn off the noise from outside while listening to your music. But now you want to turn off the same and get back to the Transparency feature of listening to music with external noise.
So this is a step-by-step guide and all methods on how to turn off Noise cancellation on Airpods :
Method 1 : Use Airpods directly
Airpods Pro users have to feel the stem of their AirPods, do not tap, just hold it down and then you will hear a high-pitched sound when it turns off. Do the same, you will hear a low-pitched sound when it turns on again.
Method 2 : Use Siri
You can also use Siri, just say Turn on Transparency mode or Turn off noise cancellation and there you go.
Method 3 : Through Settings
- Open the Settings app.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- Tap on the ‘i’ with a circle on your Airpods name.
- You will see the Noise Control option, there are three options : Noise cancellation, Transparency and Off. Just pick one.
Method 4 : Through Control Center
- Open the Control Center.
- Touch ID users have to swipe up from the bottom of the iPhone screen and Face ID users have to swipe down from the top of the iPhone screen.
- Hold down Volume Control, you will see the Airpods icon.
- At the bottom of this icon, there will be three options shown to you: Noise cancellation, Transparency and Off. Just click on noise cancellation to turn it off or on.
Some lesser known facts about Airpods
Now that you know how to turn off Noise cancellation on Airpods, here are some rare and interesting facts about Apple’s Airpods :
- Airpods 2 and original Airpods Pro might replace Hearing aids and help people with hearing disabilities. Researchers at Taipei Veterans General Hospitals in Taiwan are working and comparing the performance of Airpods with Hearing aids and devices. It is still in progress, and we will soon get this wonderful news.
- You just need to double tap on your iPhone to play music.
- Airpods can be paired with other devices which are not made by Apple but other companies.
- Siri reads messages, name of the caller in your Airpods.
- You can connect your Airpods to Apple TV.
- 15 minutes is enough to charge it 100%; you should not wait for a long time.
- It is waterproof.
- Airpods 2 can be charged just by putting it on a charging pad, no wires needed here.
Noise cancellation feature in Airpods is good for music lovers to listen to their favourite music without any external interruption. Its benefits can be seen when you do not limit yourself to wired headphones as the Airpods were launched with a vision of wireless future to ease the listeners. If you are already fed up with detangling your wires then Airpods are the most convenient option for you.