Consuming sugar within a certain limit is fine, but overconsumption is very harmful to health. It is one of the habits that destroy one’s health. Following a high sugar diet leads to obesity, cancer, type 2 diabetes, and many other health diseases. There are many low sugar snacks available for individuals.
Fruits and vegetables are very good for health as they contain a lot of vitamins and minerals. Sugar is present in fruits and vegetables as well. Fruits and vegetables have a more negligible effect on an individual’s blood sugar levels. That is why it is somewhat safe to consume fruits and vegetables. However, the sugar present in the processed food is harmful to health.
Most individuals enjoy consuming sweets and sugary food. However, choosing the right snack option is very important. This article will discuss a few healthy low-sugar diet options.
Here is a list of few low sugar food options:-
- Boiled egg: – A boiled egg is one of the best snack options available for an individual. Boiled eggs contain lean protein, which is very healthy. An average person can have one to two eggs per day, and fitness lovers consume 5-8 eggs per day and, in some cases, more than 8 as per their requirement. On average, there are around 75 calories, 7 grams of high-quality protein, and 5 grams of healthy fats in an egg. Apart from this, eggs contain carotenoids, vitamins, minerals, and iron. Eggs are perfect for people with diabetes as they help in controlling their blood pressure.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in nutrients. They are a healthy alternative for individuals suffering from diabetics and cardiovascular issues. Almonds contain fibres, carbohydrates, proteins, and healthy fats. Following are a few benefits of consuming almonds: –
- acts as an energy booster
- improves memory
- reduces the risk of cancer and Alzheimer’s disease
- helps in treating anaemia
- reduces hunger
- promotes weight loss
- improves digestion
- Bread with peanut butter and banana – This is one of the best breakfast and snack options. There are approximately 428 calories, 59 grams of carbohydrates, 19 grams of healthy sugar, 18 grams of fat, and 6.3 grams of dietary fibre present in this meal.
- Protein bars and Low sugar snacks: – Protein bar is another good alternative for people with diabetes. Most of the protein bars available for purchase in the local stores are generally high in added sugar and many other unhealthy ingredients. However, brands such as Vitawrex provides healthy protein bars and low sugar snacks. Most people with diabetes are unable to enjoy the simple pleasures of life, like consuming sugary food with abandon. For them, low sugar food products like these are a boon.
However, low sugar snacks are not exclusive to people with diabetes. Anyone looking to reduce their sugar intake to lead a more healthy life can purchase them.
Controlling one’s total sugar intake is very important. One may not see any side effects at a younger age, but they might face multiple health issues as they grow older. So it is always better to take care of one’s health from a younger age by reducing your sugar intake. Every individual can not stop consuming sugar but, every individual can reduce and control their sugar intake. All it takes is some dedication and some low sugar snacks.