Tabata cardio workout is probably the closest thing to a fitness miracle. The Tabata cardio workout is loved by fitness pros and researchers alone for its incomparable fat-burning abilities and simplicity. Performing a Tabata exercise is easy: select a particular exercise, and set a timer for 20 seconds and 10 seconds for rest. You must do the exercise with full vigor for 20 seconds and then rest for 10 seconds, repeating the process from 8 to 20 times in total.
Now, as simple as it sounds, it is not! If you do not end up seeing stars by the end of your workout, you are not pushing hard enough. You can employ the Tabata protocol with almost any exercise; however, the following are our favorite fat-melting exercises to add to your Tabata cardio workout. Most people are surprised once they realize just how well SARMs work.
Indian squats are not very different from traditional squats, however, instead of stopping once your legs are parallel to the ground, you continue to go down and drop your butts towards your heels until your fingertips touch the ground. Going through the complete range of motion makes your heart rate faster and involves more muscles. Contrary to popular belief, squatting to the ground does not hurt your knees, so Indian squats are safe for healthy people.
- Stand up in a relaxing position with you a distance of the 1-foot gap between your feet.
- Keep squatting until you are sitting on your feet and can brush your fingertips on the ground easily.
- Rise to stand again.
- Repeat this for 20 seconds and take a break of 10 seconds. Repeat.
Burpees target on your quads, glutes, and chest. To perform burpees:
- Stand in a squatting position.
- Place your hand on the floor
- Now, jump back forming the plank position.
- In an explosive moment, jump to bring your feet between your hands.
- Stand up and jump at the end to intensify the exercise.
- Do it for 20 seconds and rest for 10 seconds, following the Tabata cardio workout
- You can further intensify by doing a pushup after are in the plank position in step number 3.
This exercise works well for your core, arms, and legs. Follow these steps to do Tabata style mountain climbers.
- Get in the plank/push—up position.
- Bring your knees to your chest alternatively, mimicking running.
- Keep your hips down and push your knees as high as possible.
- Follow the Tabata cardio workout
- You can combine mountain climbers and burpees.
Long jumps focus on toning your legs. You must ensure that you land on your heels and not keep your knees hard to avoid injury. To perform:
- Bring your feet together and bend your knees slightly.
- Jump forward with both feet together, but make sure you land with your knees soft.
- Now, turn around by jumping to do another long jump in a different direction.
- Repeat the process for 20 seconds and take 10 seconds rest before doing it again to convert it into Tabata cardio workout.
Squat jumps will improve your legs’ strength and tone them. They are also good for achieving flatter tummy and round butt. To perform:
- Put your hands behind your head with elbows out. Keep your fee 1-feet apart.
- Lower into a squat in such a way that your thighs are parallel to the ground. Make sure that your toes and knees are in the same line to protect your knees.
- Jump as high as possible, with your hands intact behind your head and keeping your abs tight.
- Land with soft knees to avoid injuries.
- Take a 10-second break after every 20-second session.
Jogging with high knees
This exercise effectively works on your abs and legs and is a must add to your Tabata cardio workout. To perform:
- Stand with a normal distance between your feet.
- Jog in place while bringing up your knees as high as you can. Your knees should be waist-level each time.
- Land on your feet’s balls and always keep your knees bent slightly to absorb the impact.
- Continue for 20 seconds before stopping for a 10 seconds break.
This Tabata cardio workout will combine both coordination and cardio to work on your calves. This exercise needs no introduction and you just need to:
- Take a rope long enough to not entangle you. When you stand on the centermost point of your rope, each of its ends should reach your armpits.
- Hole the rope in both hands.
- Start jumping following whichever pattern you like: both feet together, boxer shuffle with heels in the front, high knees, butt-kickers, alternating feet, etc.
- Employ the Tabata cardio workout
Lateral sides are great for quads, glutes, hips, and abs. To do this exercise properly, you must:
- Stand with your feet with a shoulder-width distance between them. Your knees must be slightly bent.
- Shuffle to your right, bending sideways to touch the ground with your right hand.
- Now, jump to your left to touch the ground with your left hands.
- Continue shifting laterally, alternating sides.
- Stop for 10 seconds after doing this for 20 seconds in full speed.
Add this exercise in your Tabata cardio workout to work on your chest, obliques, and core. To perform:
- Lie down on the ground.
- Place your hands in the push-up position and stay in the plank position by lifting yourself above the ground slightly.
- Now bend your right knee to bring it as near as possible to your right elbow.
- Similarly, bend your left knee to get close to your left elbow.
- Do not bend your back at all while alternating between the legs and also avoid touching your knees to the ground.
Tabata cardio workout will burn your fats faster and speed up your metabolism. The 20-second-workout paired with 10-second-gap and so on is designed to effectively work on your body, making you leaner and fitter. Combine a few exercises out of the above-mentioned ones for best results.