Your content and its posting is what matters most in social media. These are the two most crucial things that will determine whether users will visit your site, stay on it or leave it, as soon as, they visit it. Therefore, here are a few that you should consider and take care of while creating and posting your content to get the desired results.
To start with, you should first know about the updates that you will be posting. Since there are billions of people all over the world hooked on to any of the different social media sites, your target audience is just a minuscule fraction of that magnanimous number.
Therefore, make sure that you know your target audience well. You will need to know first what kind of content, they like the most. This is not an easy task, mind you. You will probably have more than one answer from each user if you conduct a survey and the answers may range anywhere from ‘professional’ to ‘funny’. So, you may think about how to go about it. Well, the simplest ways are:
- Experiment with several diverse moods of your target audience whether it is on any social media platform of your specific Instagram followers and find out what works best for gaining their attraction and raising their interest and
- Follow the golden rule that is universally accepted and applied to ‘caters to their interests’ and ‘attention-grabbing content.’
This means you will need to design your updates take care of all possible details, no matter how minute it is. This will ensure that the users click on the links you want to bring them to your site to increase the number of organic traffic to it.
Preparing your site and content
While you prepare your content and website you must remember the rule number one of the internet, which is ‘content is king.’ That means a site without excellent content on it will summarily fail in social media promotion even if you do not post your content in it directly.
Well, the scenario in social media involves:
- The users visiting your page
- Clicking on the link provided in one of the updates
- Taking them to your website
- Seeing your content and if it is good
- Sticking to it till they make a buying decision.
On the other hand, if it is bad then they will bounce or leave your site and never click on any other of your links that you have provided or may provide in the future in social media. You simply cannot let that happen if you want to get more organic traffic to your website.
Driving traffic in fact is all about both attracting the new users and retaining the old ones as well. Both will eventually determine the growth and count of traffic to your site. Therefore, in order to ensure it happens, you will have to keep a watch on the quality of your content and if it needs any changes, make sure that it is essentially done for the better.
Directing users from social media to the site
This is another concern for all marketers after making all the necessary preparations. This will generate traffic. The more of it the better, which in fact is what the marketers want. How to do it?
- Well, post often. Users typically get loads of updates and info from many different sites and sources in their feed. You will be better off if more of these updates are yours. It will raise the chances of you getting more clicks significantly and thereby getting more organic traffic to your site. Therefore, post on your page several times a week at least if you cannot make multiple updates in one single day, which is desired and even better.
- Make sure that you post different types of contents as well. This will keep things interesting as the users will get new things apart from the traditional and often boring approach of posting just text and images. You will find that most of the modern social media platforms support many different more formats apart from texts and images such as videos, slideshows, and polls. Be creative to turn the usual and boring types of content into something more fun and more interesting.
- You may also gain a good share of traffic to your site when you share contents of other people on social media. These content writers will appreciate if you do so and in addition to that they will receive a notification as well and at the same time, they will be introduced to your brand.
- It is even good and often recommended by the experts that you repost your own content. This will work surprisingly well for your brand. This is because the users often miss updates in social media, therefore, reposting, your old posts will keep them abreast with everything. However, make sure that you do not take too much of a risk and update the reposted content in advance. This will make sure that the users who have seen such an update before will find enough good reasons to click on it once again.
- Another good way to increase social traffic to your website is to ask the users to engage with your updates. You can ask for simple things such as ‘subscribe for more updates’ but it is better that you be more creative and put more thought into it just like the YouTube updates that contain strong Calls to Actions in their videos.
Also make sure that:
- You participate in discussions so that you can answer specific questions your users may have
- Reply them quickly using a chatbot to show that you care
- Expand your social network to get new friends and followers and
- Do everything as your competitors do.
All these will help you to get more user engagement on social media. Though this is certainly not a ranking factor, high engagement will more often than not correlate with high rankings in the SERP of Google.
Pete Campbell is a social media manager and has immense knowledge about email marketing and Instagram promotion. He delights his clients by helping them buy real Instagram likes. He loves to travel, write and play baseball.